- Machine Quilting
- batting faq
- major quilting inspiration (and tipping me over the edge into starting with this*) hillary lang of wee wonderfuls. how cool not only that a) she uses one of the fabrics i just bought in this quilt (second row from right, bottom square) but that b) i spotted it immediately on seeing the photo :D. that quilt is pretty close to what i'm currently imagining for my first attempt - geometric, largely white, but i'm thinking stripes.
- yet more inspiration contemporary-stylee from denyse schmidt.
- more inspiration from material obsession: an australian store so not great shopping potential but i like the way their deisgns tread so sure-footedly the line between trad and contemporary.
- forums: there's a quilting forum at pr, which is rather quiet but there are many very experienced people there if i do have questions to ask; block central is the first of the quilt-only forums i've found that's in a format i like but it is rather pink.
- discussion on preventing backings puckering: lots of good putting-together info here.
- equilters library
- paula reid tips & tricks
*lol i just saw the massive number of comments on the post, including one that says "I wonder how many people will make their first quilt because of this one" - count me in!
yay new category!