debi tagged me for some questions, sorry it took a while to get round to answering!
1. Which pattern/vintage style have you been thinking about lately? no pattern in particular, but my mind has been drifting 30swards, for sure. there’s a line where vintage tips irredeemably into costume, and to my eyes that line falls at some point in the 1930s, i’m just trying to work out where.
2. What is one place that you really want to visit that you haven’t been to before? finland. fuelled mostly by a lifelong love of tove jansson. i urge every parent to read the moomin books to their kids. along with being great fun they have an unexpected depth, a darkness. and if you’ve not got kids try her adult fiction/autobiography that’s only recently been translated into english, the winter book, or the summer book. plus i want to see the northern lights
3. How do you relax? i’d love to say running, yoga and meditation (which i do, sporadically, natch), but to be truthful i mostly have a drink after seeing the state of the lovely dylan moran on the telly last night i’m planning to revise this strategy sooner rather than later.
4. What is your favorite holiday? camping. we have a very nice tent.
5. What is one sewing skill you want to learn/try out? tailoring. i have a secret ambition to weave the fabric for a tailored jacket. oops. not so secret now.
6. Can you knit? Crochet? Any other crafting talents? my various dabblings are detailed over thattaway>>>
my most unusual “talents” are probably knapping flint (making knives by banging rocks together) and being able to count in binary on my fingers. i’m not sure i can really count that as a craft, although i for one welcome our new robot overlords.
7. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)? i only check a couple of blogs, maybe a couple of times a week, alhough every now and again i’ll go on a blog binge and hop from one to another for hours. i used to read a lot of blogs but i found it stifled any kind of creativity tbh. now i plough my furrow in blissful ignorance of what most of the rest of the world is up to and it suits me very well.
i spend literally hours a day on forums though
i know i should pass this on now, but as i said i don’t know 8 other blogs so i’ll post some questions here, in case anyone reading wants to answer – i’d love to hear
- what craft project are you most proud of?
- what song instantly takes you back to being 18?
- what was the last exhibition you went to see?
- if your craft room was on fire what would you save?
- best dr who?
- starter or dessert?
- favourite waste of time?
- if you went back to school/college what would you study?